Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year...New You...

I have been debating in the last 4 hours if I was really going to do this and post a blog after my birthday... and so here goes nothing..

Yesterday was the day to celebrate my birth.. and like the last 22 times I have celebrated my birth it was nothing out of the usual. I went to work and worked all day.. I came home and did nothing and went to sleep.. Yeah that sums up my amazing celebratory birthday experience and makes it come down to just a normal day in my book.. I highly feel sometimes that birthdays are over rated. I mean really who truly remembers its your birthday?? I bet like 3 people of the 200 or 389 friends you have on facebook really truly remember that its your birthday and the others just write happy birthday on your wall because the little reminders on the side say to do so.. I mean I am totally guilty of doing the same thing.. I will openly heartily admit that most of the time I can't even remember my closest friends birthdays and just hope they don't get too mad...

Then this past weekend an amazing group of friends and I went to Boise to celebratehe New year.. and we were going to have the time of our lives.. and most like everything that has been happening we got disappointed and just decided that the whole activity was just stinky... but we still decided to make the most of it and just go with the flow and really ring in the new year like true Mormon single adults do and start dancing(with no vulgar movements) [which goes to say we basically just jumped up and down and went crazy for the last 15 minutes of 2011] but we did end up having a blast and really just letting go..

I guess what I am trying to get at is that 2012 is going to be a GREAT year... this is now the time of the year to make resolutions and make goals to be completed by the end of this year.. I love to make monthly goals... it goes a little something like this... 1 big goal for the month... and then 4 little goals that I can complete one every week.. it makes things so much easier... so here is an example
January
BIG GOAL: Lose 10 Pounds...
Little Goal #1: Be more grateful
Little Goal #2: Finish my Visiting Teaching before the end of the month
Little Goal #3: Fully enjoy each day I have
Little Goal#4: Write in my journal/ blog at least 4 times a week...

See how easy that was... It makes things seem a lot easier to handle and you can also complete so many more things during the year and it makes life so amazing when you can check something off your resolutions that you are actually going to finish...

I also have a new outlook on life this coming year.. I was reading my horoscope...[I know kind of cheesy but I think they are interesting] and it told me to take everything I am doing in my life and just have the most fun I have ever had.. and so that is exactly what I am going to do.. I am going to make everything so much fun this year that when 2013 comes [and it will because I am not ready to die] I will look back on 2012 and just want a relaxing year for 2013..

Just one last rant before I close up shop today and get my little booty moving... Jesus Christ, if you don't know why he should be so important in your life you need to refocus a lot of things. He is the only reason we are here today.. I know that I don't usually go all preachy on my blog, but I feel like this is long over due. Jesus Christ is the only reason we have everything in our lives, the reason we receive our breath everyday and the reason we can change and become different people. When we feel like we don't have anyone in our lives who cares we are wrong, when we feel like God and Christ are pulling away from us we are wrong. When we DECIDE that we are through living the way we are living and not receiving anything in return, they are there waiting for us to change and accept the blessings and the commandments they have to help make our lives better... They want us to become better people and truly want us to be happy..
I have come to know some amazing people in these last month that have truly changed my life for the better, I love them and care for them so much that it hurts me when they are not able to be truly happy, they just like you and I are facing challenges in their everyday lives, but something that makes them different maybe than the normal person is that they are trying to change and for that I commend them. They want to make their lives absolutely amazing and take everything minute by minute and day by day. If they can change so can we..

I hope everyone is going to have an amazing 2012 and please just know that this not going to be the last you hear from me...

No comments:

Post a Comment